* Not willing or able to sign the consent form.
* Either partner has symptoms of a sexually transmitted infection (including: Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Syphilis) and has not been treated.
* Female with active Varicella or/and Rubella infection.
* Either partner with Hepatitis A, B or C and has not been treated.
* Positive Genetic test results for: Fragile X (only if both partners are carriers), Cystic Fibrosis, Ashkenazi Panel (for Jewish Subjects) Hemoglobin Electrophoresis (for Asian, Latinos and African Americans)
* Abnormal Pap Smear.
* Abnormal Colposcopy.
* Female with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome without regular period (PCOS)with irregular menses.
* Female with diabetes, heart disease or/and has had heart attack or stroke.
I'm supposed to go for my first appointment on February 4th as mentioned in my earlier post. However now I'm not sure that I should bother.
I don't have regular periods on my own. I do however have very regular periods on Provera or birth control. However I will be controlled during an IVF protocal. Cycle day 1 will be when the doctor needs it to be, so WHY does it matter if I need to be on birth control pills to get me there?
Secondly, I have insulin resistance. I'm pre-diabetic. Odds are I'm going to be on insulin in the event that I become pregnant again.
I know I'm tilting at windmills here...I'm borrowing trouble. Technically I'm not a diabetic, I'm a pre diabetic...and I will have a very controlled cycle. All I can do is try...all I can do is go to the appointment be honest and up front and see what they say. If nothing else comes of it, my hubby and I will have a good time in the city for two days...